Tuesday, December 27, 2005

New Year's Eve in the past

As New Year's Eve approaches, I always seem to not have a plan of action. Most years it ends up being a ton of fun, but there have been several colorless years.

Among the colossally boring ones:

'97: The most dreary ever. Two friends and I watching TV at home. 3 single guys, at home in a fun city.... watching tv? That could not be beat by anyone else. Two complete bores - my friends, and a completely annoyed me. No ideas. They didn't want to go out. No nothing. I fell asleep head of midnight.

'95: Some clueless friends and I driving around in a goddamned car doing nothing else. The hour struck and no one had a suggestion. Again, no ideas. How did I end up with these jokers? I missed going someplace else.

'98: Second boring year in a row! People I didn't want to be with and I in a snowbound house. Not one with any sense of fun or excitement. Again I was amazed at how I ended up there at all.

This year, I was thinking someplace tropical.... an island - Sri Lanka? 2 days ahead of a possible departure, still ain't sure. =) True to form.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever get stuck with family - especially uncles and aunts? And not a shot of booze? Now we're talking!